Frozen “hot” chocolate with matcha cocoa (blended iced tea latte)
Frozen hot cocoa just might be the most delicious oxymoron out there. During the holidays, a warm cup of hot cocoa reminds us of home, where we can cozy up by the fire, and enjoy time with family on a cold winter day. However, this delicious holiday favorite isn’t just for frosty winter months anymore! Enjoy Art of Tea’s twist on “frozen hot chocolate” with our blended iced tea Matcha Cocoa recipe!
With just a few simple ingredients, you can enjoy your favorite winter treat year round, with the added caffeine and health benefits of tea associated with matcha powder!
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 cup ice
- 3 heaping tablespoons Matcha Cocoa mix
- 1 tbsp chocolate syrup
- 1 large scoop of chocolate ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Sprinkles and other toppings
- Combine matcha cocoa, milk, ice, and ice cream into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a mug and add a large dollop of whipped cream. Sprinkle with cocoa powder, sprinkles, chocolate syrup, or any desired toppings. Serve and enjoy!
Cool down with a frozen matcha cocoa iced tea treat this summer!