3 New Ways to Enjoy Your Matcha Tea
While we love a classic Matcha tea latte, one of the most amazing things about matcha is its versatility! This delicious green tea powder can be prepared and enjoyed in so many different ways, you can always shake up your matcha routine and try something new! Matcha provides natural caffeine and research suggests that it may possess health benefits due to its high levels of polyphenols, flavonoids, catechins and amino acids. Matcha is a very special tea, and Art of Tea offers it in several forms including Matchasticks, Matcha Fresca, and Ceremonial Grade Matcha. However you matcha, we’ve got the tea and teaware for you.
Here are three creative ways to enjoy your matcha:
Lean Green Matcha Protein Smoothie
Natural caffeine from matcha combined with protein is a great post-workout combination! The natural caffeine will replenish your energy without the crash of sugar or coffee, and incorporating protein into post-exercise meals may help build and repair muscle tissue that was broken down during exercise and stimulate muscle protein synthesis. Consume this matcha protein smoothie after a workout for a nourishing way to replenish calories.
- 2 tsp Matcha powder (or 2 Matchasticks)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 handful spinach
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp honey
Add all ingredients to blender, blend, pour, and enjoy!
Strawberry Matcha Lemonade
Once you’ve tried strawberry and matcha together, you won’t be able to get over this delicious and refreshing flavor combination!
- 1 oz warm water
- 1 tsp Matcha powder
- 3 large strawberries
- ½ tbsp honey
- 1 cup lemonade
- Prepare your matcha - whisk the matcha into the warm water until it reaches a smooth, frothy texture.
- In a separate bowl, use a fork to mash strawberries with honey to create a jelly-like strawberry puree.
- Add strawberry puree to a glass, followed by ice, lemonade, and topped off with matcha.
Matcha Nice Cream
“Nice cream” is a play on words used to describe homemade ice cream recipes utilizing frozen bananas, and limiting the use of cream, sugar and dairy! Try this delicious and lighter alternative to ice cream, using only 3 simple ingredients!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 tsp Matcha powder
- 2 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- Slice bananas into small pieces. Freeze overnight (or for at least 3 hours).
- Using a food processor, blend frozen bananas until thoroughly blended, with a creamy but slightly chunky texture.
- Add matcha and sweetened condensed milk and blend until it looks like soft serve ice cream.
- Serve as is or transfer to a container and freeze for an hour and a half for a harder consistency, and enjoy!
The possibilities of delicious food, beverage, and dessert creations with matcha are endless. For even more Matcha inspiration, visit the Art of Tea Pinterest page and check out our Matcha Recipes board. Challenge yourself to get creative and really explore the flavors Matcha can help create! Also be sure to try our original blends such as Matcha Cocoa and Matcha+ for fun takes on this popular green tea.Shop Art of Tea