Chai Eggnog Recipe Blog
Eggnog is a holiday classic drink that can be store-bought, homemade, or even spiked with your favorite Whiskey, Bourbon, or Rum. This year, Art of Tea wants to introduce you to your new favorite Eggnog recipe - Chai Eggnog Tea, homemade with your favorite blend of Chai. Follow these instructions and we are positive this homemade Eggnog will taste just like holiday spirit.
Chai Eggnog Tea Ingredient List
The ingredients list is simple and you probably have many of these items in your pantry or refrigerator. The following ingredients and quantities will yield four servings of Eggnog tea.
- 1 15-oz can of full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 5 egg yolks
- ⅓ cup of maple syrup
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon,
- A pinch of salt
- 2 heaping tbsps loose leaf Chai tea or two Chai tea bags
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp good quality vanilla extract
- Optional additions - Whiskey, Bourbon, or Rum for a spiked Eggnog Chai tea.
Homemade Chai Tea Eggnog Instructions
Our recipe instructions are easy and straightforward. However, for your personal preference, feel free to make adjustments as necessary.
- In a large saucepan, combine the coconut milk, almond milk, egg yolks, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt. Using a whisk, vigorously whisk for one minute to combine all of the ingredients until they are frothy.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat until it begins to simmer. Stir the mixture occasionally to ensure the eggs do not stick or cook at the bottom of the saucepan. Reduce the heat to medium low when a light simmer is reached.
- Add the tea bags or loose leaf Chai tea and gently simmer for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. For this recipe, we recommend using our White Winter Chai, a delicious seasonal twist on a classic Chai blend. Remove the tea bags and strain the mixture if loose leaf tea was used, then return the mixture to the saucepan.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Taste the mixture for your preferred level of sweetness and add more maple syrup if needed.
- Serve the Eggnog tea chilled. This recipe can last in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- For a spiked Eggnog tea, add your favorite spirit. We recommend adding 1.5 ounces of Bourbon, Whiskey or Rum per one cup of Eggnog.
Shop Art of Tea for Your Favorite Chai Teas Today!
Do you enjoy experimenting with tea blends in your favorite recipes? Check out Art of Tea for tea bag sachets, loose leaf tea, and our signature collections. Try your hand at a homemade Eggnog tea recipe and add your own personal touch. This recipe will be a great compliment to any holiday themed party and we are positive your guests will love it.Shop Art of Tea