Green Tea Recipes for Skin Health
What’s the best tea for skin health and wellness? Social media users, homeopathic practitioners and even your book club members are buzzing about the versatility of green tea. Beyond its popularity as a lightly caffeinated beverage, green tea has found its way into health and beauty products such as supplements, cleansers, and moisturizers. Claims about its anti-inflammatory properties are numerous; therefore, many hopefuls drink green tea for acne, eczema and psoriasis symptom relief. Several name-brand skincare lines also feature green tea as a key ingredient in their products.
The do-it-yourself (DIY) movement has inspired people worldwide to use green tea in fresh and innovative ways. At Art of Tea, we’ve compiled 10 recipes you can make with affordable ingredients you may already have on hand.
DIY Skin Care Products Made With Green Tea
These ideas from our Health and Beauty With Tea Pinterest board combine freshly brewed green tea with ingredients like essential oils, shea butter, aloe vera, and sea salt to create soaks, scrubs, and other natural skincare products. Many of these recipes feature links to other DIY ideas, so grab your tablet, kick up your feet, and get ready for the green tea fun!
- DIY Green Tea Lip Balm: This light and moisturizing lip treatment is made with coconut oil, beeswax, and optional flavoring.
- DIY Green Tea and Peppermint Bath Soak: Seal five ingredients in an airtight jar for a fragrant, rejuvenating soak that pampers the senses.
- DIY Homemade Green Tea Exfoliator: Sugar, olive oil, and raw honey star in this sweet skin treat.
- Green Tea Scrub for Healthy Skin: Matcha green tea powder, avocado oil, and sugar combine in this easy-to-make scrub.
- Green Tea-Tea Tree Oil Bath Bomb: Baking soda, cornstarch, and Epsom salt serve as the medium for this refreshing option.
- Lemon and Green Tea Soap: Lemon essential oil, glycerin soap, and matcha powder are all you need to make and mold this aromatic cleanser.
- Matcha Green Tea Bath Bombs: When made in natural, unbleached cupcake liners, these bath delights make attractive gifts.
- Refreshing Orange Green Tea Bath Salt: You only need three ingredients — a fresh orange, Epsom salt, and green tea packets — for this bright, citrusy recipe.
- Silken Rose and Green Tea Lotion: While this recipe requires more time and ingredients to prepare, it features a how-to video for those new to lotion-making.
- Whipped Mint Green Tea Sugar Scrub: Foaming bath butter and a hand mixer help you make this fluffy exfoliant.
Green Tea Selections From Art of Tea
Now that you have some great recipes for homemade skincare products, why not browse our green tea selections for more inspiration? These options are ideal for sipping as you contemplate which recipe you’d like to try first:
- Dragonwell: Whole leaf tea with notes of hay, acorn squash, and pistachio
- Eisai’s Choice Sencha: Rich and grassy organic whole leaf tea
- Matcha Tea Grade A: Organic powdered tea ideal for both drinking and recipes