Pumpkin Chai Cupcakes
Nothing screams fall more than a warm chai latte. Well, except for a warm pumpkin spice chai latte. Now that fall is in full swing and Halloween is here, it's time we make sure that not only are we sipping our pumpkin spice chai daily but that we are also finding ways to consume our PSC. Enter: Pumpkin Chai Cupcakes.
Pumpkin Spice Chai Blend
As the leaves fall and the warmth of the summer season begins to fade, take comfort in knowing that Pumpkin Spice Chai is a cozy autumn black tea blend that will always invite you in with its spicy, pumpkin-tinged flavor and its sweet, creamy finish. Whether brewed on its own or used in a latte, this blend is a customer favorite.
Pumpkin Chai Cupcakes
Sure, Halloween may be all about candy, but this year why not try something new and whip up these fabulous Pumpkin Chai Cupcakes? We're sure they will appease that holiday sweet tooth.Shop Art of Tea
Browse all the treats you can make here and find your next favorite recipe!
Click here to learn how to make the holidays even more special with Art of Tea!
- 7 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 serving of Pumpkin Spice Chai in an Art of Tea Filter Bag
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a muffin pan with 4 cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, sugar and vegetable oil. Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined. Don't over mix.
- Divide between the cupcake liners and bake for 28-32 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- While the cupcakes cool, pour the boiling water over the chai tea bag and let steep for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, beat together the butter and powdered sugar until fluffy (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add the brewed tea and mix well. Frost the cupcakes when they are completely cool and serve.