A Matcha Highlight Part Three: Cooking with Matcha
Here’s a fun, easy recipe using tea. Try to use high-grade matcha, such as Art of Tea’s Grade A Matcha since the quality will greatly affect the end result.
Browse all the treats you can make here and find your next favorite recipe!
Check out all of our resources on matcha and become an expert!
Matcha Cupcakes from Art of Tea
- 24 cupcake liners
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (left at room temperature to soften)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp Art of Tea’s Grade A Matcha
- 1 tub of Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Using a mixer or hand blender, beat the butter until soft.
- Add sugar and beat for a couple of minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and egg yolks one at a time, making sure to combine each one with the mixture fully before adding the next.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Then add this dry mixture to the batter and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix the matcha in with the milk using a whisk. Add to the batter and mix to combine.
- Use a spoon to put the batter into the cupcake liners, filling each one 2/3rds of the way.
- Bake for about 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cooling on a rack before frosting.
- Scoop the frosting into a bowl.