Matcha Green Tea Protein Truffles
An increased intake in protein is a common thread in many diets. If you’re working out regularly or often enough, your body starts to crave and require more protein to function and perform. For carnivores, meat is the easiest vessel to consume protein. But for vegetarians, vegans, or nonmeat lovers, protein-packed foods may include tofu, beans, and nuts. Protein shakes are a great way to get your dose of protein, especially on the go. Another convenient protein option to refuel throughout the day is a homemade truffle I infuse with Art of Tea’s Matcha Grade A. Loaded with protein from nuts, almond butter, and protein powder, these tea truffles also give you the healthy energy organically emitted from the caffeine in the tea. Additionally, you reap the natural health benefits of matcha like antioxidant properties.
Enjoy this short and easy recipe for tasty protein-packed tea truffles! This recipe makes 12 but varies based on the size of your truffles.Shop Art of Tea
Browse all the treats you can make here and find your next favorite recipe!
Check out all of our resources on matcha and become an expert!
- 1 scoop Chocolate protein powder
- 1 cup Almond butter
- 1 cup Almonds, crushed
- 1/4 tsp Grade A Matcha
- Cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1.5 tsp. Agave/honey (optional)
- First, in a large bowl, thoroughly mix the almond butter, almonds, protein powder, 1/4 teaspoon of matcha, and agave.
- Mix until the color is evenly a dark chocolate hue.
- Prep the second bowl by dusting it with a gracious amount of grounded cinnamon and cocoa powder mixed together.
- Use the melon baller to create equally portioned spheres
- Dust your hands with cocoa powder to help you ball the combined ingredients
- Place each sphere in a container lined with parchment paper, so the balls do not stick to the bottom
- Finally, sprinkle a little matcha and a dash of cinnamon on each truffle as a finishing touch
- Cover the container and pop into the freezer for two to four hours. Remove and enjoy these protein packed truffles before and after a workout.