The Definitive Guide to Tea Brewing
Learning about how to prepare tea can be overwhelming at first, and definitely takes some practice. Luckily, there are a few resources we’ll point you to to help you learn how to brew different types of tea, the do’s and don’ts of brewing tea, and what teaware you’ll want to use on your journey. All of your burning tea FAQ’s are answered below!
Technique & Tips
Don’t worry! Brewing a cup of tea isn’t as complicated as you may think. To make things easier, here are a few tips on tea steeping times, ideal water temperature for tea, and the do’s and don’ts of perfecting your cup at home (hint: don’t stick your tea in the microwave!)
Tea Brewing 101
- Are you a Tea Rookie? Do These Three Things!
- 3 Quick Ways to Improve Your Tea Techniques
- How to Properly Steep Your Tea
- Brewing Art of Tea
Time & Temperature
Tea Do’s and Don’ts
- Want to Make a Better Tea? Change Your Water!
- The Honest Truth About K-Cup Tea
- This is Why You Shouldn’t Microwave Tea
- Should You Mix Different Teas Together?
Filters, Teapots & Teaware
Every tea master needs a set of tools! This section will help you determine which types of tea filters, teapot or tea bag is right for you. Depending on the type and quantity of tea you plan on brewing, we explain what the best tea accessory is for you.
- How To Use Art of Tea Filter Bags
- Why Travelers Are Loving Art of Tea Sachets
- Teaware 101: How To Choose The Right Teapot
- Get Creative With Our New Eco Pyramid Teabags!
- Tea Infusers: Yay or Nay?
Iced Tea & Cold Brew
Perfect for warmer weather, cold brew and iced tea makes for a refreshing alternative to traditional hot tea. There are a few different techniques for achieving a strong, flavorful iced tea without watering it down - we’ll explain how simple they really are!
- Iced Tea Brewing Guide
- How to Cold Brew Japanese Green Tea
- Iced Teas for Hot Weather
- 3 Summer Iced Tea Essentials
- Fixes For Your Top 3 Iced Tea Problems
- The Easy Way to Make Sun Tea
Brewing Types of Tea
Now that you’ve mastered the basics of brewing tea, it’s time to move on to perfecting the techniques of brewing different types of tea. While the basic do’s and don’ts are the same, tea variations differ in temperature, time and technique. Learn to prepare each variation of tea - from black tea to matcha - with this handy information.